Page by: Brandon Perez & Melissa Jaime
Learn More about us! Visit our About us
• Submit application online (typically found on the company's website under 'employment' or 'careers')
• When submitting resume, make sure to use a variety of verbs and similar words/phrases used in the job description
• Call or visit in person within 2 weeks to follow up on your application.
Same day interviews
• Can be spontaneous (always be prepared to talk about yourself and interest in the job when you walk in to apply or follow up on an application)
• Call back within 2 weeks
• Promote yourself (without boasting, write about your strengths and why they should hire you)
• Always use trusted references or refer to human resource manager
• Express previous achievements, no matter how small. Share what you have accomplished to demonstrate passion and commitment.
• Write down all skills that all apply to you. You could think in terms of these categories:
• Always gear the application towards the specific job.
• It can work in your advantage to show up and show initiative, but the manager might not be available.
• Be considerate about time invested by business.
• Always inform yourself of the company and specific job specifications and requirements. Read the job description carefully, Go on the organization's website to see what they do and what their mission and goals are.
• Follow up after about 2 weeks of submitting your application or your interview if you haven't heard from them to see where they are at in the hiring process. Be polite and brief.
• Always be prepared for an interview (including the spontaneous ones) when you walk into a store looking for a job.
• Always dress professionally.